Before my son was born, I decided to make my own baby food. After a lot of research, I chose to go with the Baby Brezza food maker and it has made my life so much easier. Here is my full review!
It steams and blends with the touch of one button. You can set the steamer for anywhere from 5-30 minutes and choose between steam, blend, or steam and blend. The booklet comes with suggestions on how long to steam different foods, which foods are appropriate for your baby’s age, and a few combinations to try out.
The thing that set this baby food maker apart from the others, is that there is no transfer needed. Other options require you to transfer food from the steamer basket to a blender, whether that is a separate device or not it still adds an extra step. This transfer eliminates the ability to steam and blend at the touch of one button, which I was not a fan of.
- It is easy to take apart and both the bowl and blade are dishwasher safe; making it very convenient to use, clean, and put away.
- It is very self explanatory. There are only 5 buttons:
- Steam (each click increases time by 5 increments up to 30 minutes before it resets back to 5 minutes)
- Steam & Blend
- Stop – Allows you to stop the steaming process at any time.
- Start – After you set the time, hit the start button.
- Blend – Blends for 30 seconds while holding the button down.
- Even though some people have had issues with the blade breaking, most say customer service is amazing and have replaced this piece.
- Has a large 4 cup capacity (BPA free) glass bowl. I am able to puree a whole butternut squash in one round of blending.
- The water tank is removable for easy refilling and cleaning.
- Comes with a very thorough booklet that provides steam times for different foods, appropriate foods for each age group, and a list of recipes to try out.
- It will automatically blend with the steam and blend option, but to just blend food manually, you have to continuously hold down the button. It will blend for 30 seconds before you have to let up and go again if necessary.
- Some reviews complain about parts breaking or find black flakes in the food. I have only been using this for a few months so far, and I have not had a single issue with it. Also, I feel like people might be reviewing other models, because there isn’t any black portions to this machine. When looking at reviewers photos, only some of them are of this particular model.
I have really had a great experience with this baby food maker. I will continue to use it and update my review if I have any issues with the blade, but so far I am very pleased with this purchase. Trying to make homemade baby food would be almost impossible timewise without this amazing product. I highly recommend it for any parent, but especially working parents that need as much help saving time as possible.
If you liked this post, you might enjoy my post on Homemade Baby food!