Parenting Podcast – Episode 51: How Breastmilk Evolves with Laurel Wilson, IBCLC
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/S02E51/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/growingrfamily
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
Laurel Wilson, BSc, IBCLC, RLC, CCCE, CLE®, CLD, CPPFE, CPPI owns MotherJourney in Morrison, Colorado. She has her degree in Maternal and Child Health – Lactation Consulting. With over twenty six years of experience working with women in the childbearing year and perinatal professionals, Laurel takes a creative approach to working with the pregnant family and perinatal professionals.
She is a board certified as a lactation consultant, childbirth educator, labor doula, lactation educator™, Prenatal ParentingTM Instructor, and Pre and Postpartum fitness educator. Laurel is here today to talk about how breastmilk evolves over the years and the amazing benefits it has for both mom and baby.
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Or any other major podcasting platform!
- What are the benefits of breastfeeding?
- How is our milk customized for our specific babies and why that is such an incredible benefit?
- What genetic information can be found in milk? Stem cells?
- How has our milk evolved over the years?
- What is the critical thousand?
- Are there Long term consequences of replacing human milk?
- What can we do to help support moms in their breastfeeding journey?
- How can moms prepare for their breastfeeding journey in order to create the best experience for mom and baby?
- Those first few weeks of learning how to breastfeed can be very difficult, do you have any advice for moms to help them make it through that time reach their breastfeeding goals?
LAUREL’S RECOMMENDED MOMMY ITEM:
Luna Comfort Breast Pads: https://lunacomfortkit.com/product/full-kit-refill-warmer-packs/
WHERE TO FIND LAUREL:
Ted Talk: http://motherjourney.com/tedx.html
INTRO SONG COURTESY OF:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque