My posts contain affiliate links, which mean that I may earn a small commission from your purchase, with no extra cost to you!
The nosefrida is an awesome product designed by the Fridababy company. It is a more efficient way to suck the snot out of your baby’s nose than the conventional bulb syringes.
The nosefrida consists of a hard plastic tube that goes up to your baby’s nose, 4 disposable filters, and a soft tube to connect the mouthpiece. Check out the link to Fridababy’s website to see a how-to video!
This product has been recommended to me by so many people! Other moms, daycare workers, nurses, even my lactation consultant – so I decided to give it a try. The first time I used it, I wasn’t super impressed. My son had given his cold to me so I was also super congested. Trying to breathe in through the tube with enough force was pretty difficult, and I kept coughing. I switched back to the bulb and forgot about the nosefrida for a little bit.
When my son got another cold (thanks, daycare) I decided to give it another try! This time it was much easier. I gave it a go on each nostril and my son could actually nurse without spitting milk all over me (he learned to breathe out through his mouth while he ate). I came to the conclusion that this product is absolutely easier to use, and more efficient, than the bulb syringes.
- The opening that goes up to your child’s nose is much wider than the typical bulb. This makes it way easier to create a seal in the nostril so you can efficiently suck out all the snot. With the bulb, I am always afraid of sticking it too far up my sons nose, but this product doesn’t have that issue.
- Easy to clean – you can take all the pieces apart and clean so you can be sure there is no mold growing in there!
- You can control how much pressure you are using while pulling the snot out.
- I don’t know if this makes me weird, but I love being able to see how much snot comes out of my son’s nose.
- The company has amazing customer satisfaction, and a lifetime guarantee!
- The concept can seem pretty gross, but they say it is 100% hygienic as long as you remember to put the filter in. The filter prevents any snot from reaching the tube that you suck through and is a one-time use.
- You have to continue to buy filters, which can start to add up.
This product is a great item to add to your baby’s medical kit. I wouldn’t necessarily say it should completely replace the bulb, but I think it makes a great addition. I still keep bulb syringes in the diaper bags and at daycare for backup. It’s not that the bulb syringe doesn’t work, I just think the NoseFrida works better.