Pregnancy Podcast – Episode 59: Newborns in the NICU with Sara Fung from the Gritty Nurse Podcast
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s01e59/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/growingrfamily
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
Sara has been a registered nurse since 2007 and obtained her Master’s of Nursing in 2009. Her expertise is in maternal child health, with clinical experience in Obstetrics and the NICU. She has worked in both academic and community hospitals and home health as a bedside nurse, educator, advanced practice nurse and professional practice specialist. In addition to working full time, she is also a mother of 2, resume writer/interview coach, and podcaster for the Gritty Nurse Podcast!
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
– What does NICU stand for?
– How did you decide to specialize in NICU?
– What does it take to become a NICU nurse?
– What are some of the common diagnoses among newborns in the NICU, and is there an average length of stay?
– What kind of support is available for NICU parents?
– Are there restrictions on who can visit the NICU and when they are allowed to?
– What does a typical day look like in the NICU for Baby?
Sara’s Recommended Mommy Items:
Newborn Sleep Belt
MyBreastFriend Nursing Pillow: https://amzn.to/2Bm0xZU
Ergobaby Carrier: https://amzn.to/2Zoju5Y
Where to find Sara and the Gritty Nurse Podcast:
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque