Pregnancy Podcast – Episode 69: Communication Skills in Pregnancy with Stephanie Lopez
Stephanie is a mom of two beautiful girls – Annabella and Sophia. She works as an Organizational Psychologist, Licensed Human Element® Practitioner, and Brain-Based Coach. Stephanie specialize in helping moms build the capacity to hold crucial conversations and address interpersonal issues when they arise.
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s01e69/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/informed.mommy
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
– What are some of the ways you can improve your communication to better get your point across?
– A big complaint for moms is that someone (usually family) isn’t respecting their wishes. This comes in many forms from wanting to join you in the delivery room and not taking no as an answer to not respecting visitation rules you set in place to overstepping boundaries when it comes to parenting preferences. How can you effectively communicate your wishes and make sure they are respected?
– Would you recommend writing down a list of newborn visitation rules or can this come off as too confrontational?
– After all these suggestions, if they STILL aren’t respecting your wishes, what should you do from there?
– Moving on to the postpartum phase, a lot of moms feel more distant from their S/O in those first few weeks/months postpartum. A lot of this stems from a lack of communication between you two. Any tips on how to work on that?
– You won’t always agree on parenting views, how do you have a calm conversation and come to an agreement?
Where to find Stephanie:
Truth Done Right Course: https://bestselfmama.teachable.com/?affcode=668992_oooi6b6t
Stephanie’s Recommended Mommy item / tip:
Hire a sleep consultant!
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque