Parenting Podcast – Episode 35: Cold, Flu, and RSV with Katie Coyle
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s02e35/
Today we have a special guest, Katie Coyle is a mom, pediatric nurse, and the blogger behind nurse mom shop. She’s here today to share some of the things you can do to prepare for and treat common childhood viruses at home.
If you prefer to read instead of listen, check out her guest post on this topic here: https://growingourfamily.com/cold-flu-rsv/
Facebook Group: “Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”
- What are some common signs of a cold?
- What are ways you can treat a fever?
- If your baby has a fever, what medications can you give? Age limits?
- Can you give a breakdown of temperatures? What is normal, what should be treated with medicine, and when should you go to the doctor?
- Is there a difference between where the temperature is taken?
- Do you have a suggestion for a good thermometer?
- How to treat a cough or congestion?
- Can you put anything in the humidifier like vicks vaposteam or anything like that?
- What is safe to use for coughing over 6 months old?
- What symptoms indicate your child should go to the hospital?
- What is RSV?
- Why is this virus so scary for new parents?
- How do you know if your child has RSV?
- What is the treatment for it?
- Tips for keeping your children healthy?
Katie’s favorite leggings: https://www.preggoleggings.com/collections/seamless-leggings/products/black-maternity-leggings
Where to find the podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Or any other major podcasting platform!
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque