Parenting Podcast – Episode 38: Type 1 Diabetes with Stacey Simms from Diabetes Connections
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s02e38/
Stacey Simms is here to talk all about Type 1 Diabetes! Stacey’s son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just before he turned two, back in 2006; she’s been sharing her family’s experience with T1D ever since. She is an award-winning radio news host and TV anchor/reporter with more than 20 years of broadcast news experience.
She’s the host of the Diabetes Connections podcast which was created in 2015 and has been its only host and producer ever since. She is the author of The World’s Worst Diabetes Mom, Real-Life Stories of Parenting a Child with Type 1 Diabetes, and I Can’t Cook But I Know Someone Who Can, a benefit cookbook for JDRF.
Stacey has been honored by The American Diabetes Association’s Diabetes Forecast Magazine by being listed as one of their “People to Know.” She is a well-known and highly rated speaker, addressing groups on topics including diabetes, parenting and media.
Have you Joined our Facebook Group Yet??
Facebook Group: “Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Or any other major podcasting platform!
- A little about Stacey and how she got into podcasting
- What are some of the signs to look out for?
- At what age can children be diagnosed with T1D? (earliest vs common)
- How did you manage the insulin with a small child that can’t tell you how they are feeling?
- When you hire babysitters, do you look for certain qualifications?
- What was your experience like with your son?
- Can you tell us about your book?
Stacey’s Recommended products:
StayPut Medical: https://amzn.to/32ebk1b
The Pigeon Books by Mo Willems: https://amzn.to/38OwRA3
Where to find Stacey and her Book!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesconnections/
- Website: http://www.diabetes-connections.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694978737192837/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/staceysimms/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/staceysimms
The Worlds Worst Diabetes Mom: https://amzn.to/37Gg8O0
Find me on social media @growingrfamily to enter into the drawing for a FREE AUDIO BOOK COPY of Stacey’s book! (Drawing ends March 6th, 2020).
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque