Parenting Podcast – Episode 58: Technology usage in very young children with Tara Egan
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s02e58/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/growingrfamily
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
Dr Tara Egan is a child & adolescent therapist, a parent coach, the author of two parenting books, and a public speaker. She’s also the host of a parenting podcast called “One Day You’ll Thank Me.” Dr. Egan is here today to talk all about Technology usage in very young children.
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Or any other major podcasting platform!
1. A little bit about Dr. Tara Egan!
2. What are your thoughts on screen time?
3. When should/can parents start introducing screens?
4. Are some types of “screen time” better than others?
5. A lot of parents assume it’s best to limit screens as much as possible, is this the best route to take or is there a benefit to monitored screen time?
6. How much screen time does the AAP recommend based on age?
7. How and when should you start establishing rules to accompany screen time?
8. What are some of the benefits and downsides to screen time?
9. How can parents reduce screen time without meltdowns if they have found their children have gotten too dependent on it?
Parenting in a Tech World Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/parentinggeeks/
Dr. Tara Egan’s Technology Course: https://www.charlotteparentcoaching.com/managing-tech-social-media
Where to find Dr. Tara Egan:
“One day you’ll thank me” podcast: https://www.charlotteparentcoaching.com/podcast
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque