Pregnancy Podcast – Episode 60: Bengkung Belly Binding with Princess McKinney-Kirk from Bellibind
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s01e60/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/growingrfamily
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
This week we have Princess Estocia McKinney-Kirk, owner and founder of Bellibind on the show. She officially launched BelliBind in 2013 as a way to help mothers “get their bodies back.” Several years and two children later, she realized a deeper need for honoring the womb and the transition into motherhood as sacred—a recognition that continues to shape the work they do at BelliBind.
Based on the traditional Malaysian bengkung belly bind, the BelliBind method is more than just a post-birth wrap, it’s a revolutionary postpartum experience. After childbirth, it is extremely vital to feel confident and supported everyday. Mothers should be treated with tender love—wrapped in a BelliBind Hug!
Princess McKinney is here to talk all about the benefits of the Bengkung belly bind for postpartum mothers!
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
1. What is belly binding and how does it work?
2. What types of belly wraps are out there, and how do you decide which is best for you?
3. What are some of the benefits of a Bengkung Belly Bind?
4. How soon can you start belly binding after delivery? (does it differ with vaginal vs cesarean deliveries?)
5. Is there a limit on how long you should wear the bind for, both consecutive hours and days?
6. Can you wear it anytime? (eg: while you sleep, shower, exercise, etc).
7. Does belly binding hurt, or are there any downsides to consider?
8. Can belly binding help with other postpartum issues like diastasic recti, bleeding, lower back pain, etc?
9. How do you put a bind on, and can you do it yourself or do you need help?
Where to find Princess McKinney
Shop Bellibind: https://bellibind.com/shop
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque