Parenting Podcast – Episode 41: Car Seat Safety with Kristen Gardiner
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s02e41/
Don’t forget to Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/growingrfamily
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
Kristen Gardiner from Driving Mom Crazy is here today to talk all about Car Seat Safety from the newborn through toddler stages and beyond.
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Or any other major podcasting platform!
- Why should you avoid buying used car seats?
- Crash, expiration date, etc.
- Never wash your straps!
- What are the steps you should take to make sure your child is properly secured?
- Chest Clips
- Shoulder strap height
- Pinch the harness
- Latch vs seat belts
- Is one safer than another?
- Why is it important to keep kids rear facing as long as possible?
- What is the difference in installation between infant seats, rear facing convertibles, forward facing, and boosters?
- How do you know when it’s time to transition to the next car seat/position? Age/weight/and laws
- Infant seat
- Convertible/all in one
- Booster (high back vs base)
- Where is the best/safest place to install your car seat?
- Do you have tips for parents that have kids who hate their car seat?
- I know there are a lot of untested aftermarket items being sold, do you have suggestions for Safe attachments and inserts
- Safe ways to keep your kids warm in the car seat
- Newborn insert vs swaddle blankets for securing body/head
- How to know if the insert has been crash tested?
- Infant seat safety tips
- Letting infants sleep in their car seat not in the car or clicked into stroller
- Putting in shopping carts – bad for the seat & possibility for tipping
- What age is it okay for them to sleep with their head chin to chest without worrying about suffocation?
- Great article on CSFTL https://csftl.org/head-slump-oh-no-or-no-biggie/
- Do you have any other Common misconceptions for car seats?
Kristen’s Recommended Mommy Item: Lansinoh Breast Pads
Find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/39PJeMW
WHERE TO FIND KRISTEN:
INTRO SONG COURTESY OF:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque