Pregnancy Podcast – Episode 70: D-MER (Dysphoric Milk Ejection Reflex) with Morgan Hedley, CLES
Morgan Hedley is Lactation Specialist, Postpartum Wellness Advocate and mother of two young boys. After the birth of her first son, and her own experience with breastfeeding, she felt compelled to leave her decade long career in fashion and return to school to study lactation. Morgan is passionate about breastfeeding and postpartum education and empowering mothers to trust themselves and their intuition when it comes to all things motherhood.
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s02e67/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/informed.mommy
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
1. What is D-MER and what are the signs that you are experiencing it?
2. What causes it?
3. Does it correlate with postpartum depression or other mood disorders or can you have one without the other?
4. How common is it?
5. How soon after birth do moms usually experience this?
6. Does it usually last your entire breastfeeding journey or will it resolve itself?
7. Is it possible to have different levels of D-MER (eg: just when pumping or just when breastfeeding vs at every letdown?)
8. Is there a treatment for it?
MORGAN’S RECOMMENDED PRODUCT:
Medela Harmony Hand Pump: https://amzn.to/31VxcyS
WHERE TO FIND MORGAN:
INTRO SONG COURTESY OF:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque