Parenting Podcast – Episode 55: Phases and Stages of Labor with Liesel Teen from Mommy Labor Nurse
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s01e55/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/growingrfamily
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
Liesel Teen is a Labor and Delivery Nurse, fellow mom, and the host of the Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast. You might know her from her instagram page @mommy.labornurse where she helps thousands of new moms have a better understanding of what pregnancy, birth, and parenthood is really like. She is here to talk all about the phases and stages of labor, what to expect when you get to the hospital, and how giving birth ACTUALLy works! (Hint: it’s not at all what the movies portray).
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- A little bit about you, your family, and anything else you’d like to share!
- When does labor start and how do you know you are in the first stage?
- What are the differences between the three phases of the first stage & what phase should you go to the hospital?
- Transition Phases
- When does stage 2 start?
- How long can it take to push your baby out?
- Do you have tips on how to push effectively?
- Why might your doctor ask you to slow down or push gently?
- Stage 3: Delivering the Placenta
- Can you talk us through how the placenta is delivered?
- What are you feeling for when you “massage” the uterus?
- Stage 4: Recovery
Liesel’s Recommended Mommy Items:
- Breastfeeding Pillows!
a) Boppy: https://amzn.to/2BPNG1R
b) My Breast Friend: https://amzn.to/2Ypika5
2. Padsicles – Check out my how-to guide here: https://growingourfamily.com/postpartum-padsicles/
3. Stool Softener for that first postpartum poo
4. Glycerin suppositories: https://amzn.to/2XRXReP
- Check out Liesel’s Postpartum Essentials list here on Mommy Labor Nurse: https://mommylabornurse.com/postpartum-essentials/
Where to find Liesel:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mommy.labornurse/ or @mommy.labornurse
Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast: https://mommylabornurse.com/podcast-episodes/
Birth Courses: https://mommylabornurse.com/a-blog-landing-page/
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque