Parenting Podcast – Episode 65: Language Development in Infants and Toddlers with Melissa Minney
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s02e65/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/informed.mommy
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
Melissa Minney is a speech-language pathologist specializing in babies and toddlers and a mommy of two. Her passion is helping parents to get their little ones talking! She does this by educating about speech and language milestones and providing tips for nurturing your child’s language development from infancy through toddlerhood on her instagram account @RaisingLittleTalkers.
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Or any other major podcasting platform!
1. What are some of the major vocal development stages starting with infants?
2. Early Babbling seems to be a major milestone (Mama, Dada), How do you help encourage babbling?
3. What are some of the most common “first words” children learn?
4. What can you do as a parent to help with language development?
-Verbal Routines / Narrating your day
5. What are some of the signs that your child is ready to start talking and what red flags should parents look out for?
Melissa’s Recommended Mommy Item:
Marpac Yogasleep Hushh Portable Sound Machine
Find it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2PH6tA0
Where to find Melissa:
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque