Pregnancy Podcast – Episode 73: Pregnancy tips for working moms with Carlisa Brown
Carlisa Brown RN, MSN is a professional nurse who always had a passion for helping nurture people back to health and educate. She has over 12 years nursing experience ranging from Adults, Neonatal, education, and Quality of care. During her time working with patients she grew to love the journey of pregnancy and being able to educate and help new mothers be the best nurturer they could be. Being a mom herself and working as a nurse she grew to understand the struggles of working while pregnant. Real Nurturers was started to help educate women on pregnancy and find ways to be comfortable and feel great while pregnant and working. Giving them the proper education, support, and products that will help prepare them for the trials of pregnancy and motherhood. Carlisa’s goal is to help every mom and expectant mom know they are great, a superhero, and of course a Real Nurturer!
For the full show notes, visit: https://growingourfamily.com/s01e73/
Follow me on Instagram: Instagram.com/informed.mommy
And Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/growingrfamily
HAVE YOU JOINED OUR FACEBOOK GROUP YET??
“Growing Our Family Podcast -> A Community For Moms”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434759000779665/?ref=share
Where to find the podcast:
- When and how should you let your boss know you are pregnant? Is there a timeframe that would be most ideal for filling your position?
- How do you deal with pregnancy discomforts at work?
- Any tips for scheduling appointments around your work schedule? First appt of the day, lunch time, last of the day, scheduling in advance?
- What should moms ask about preparing for maternity leave? (FMLA, paid vs unpaid, when to start leave, pumping accommodations, etc)
- What laws are there to protect working moms during pregnancy?
Where to find Carlisa:
Personal IG: https://www.instagram.com/msdetermined84/
Carlisa’s Product Recommendation:
Fridababy Nosefrida: https://amzn.to/3j43HkC
Intro Song courtesy of:
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque